She has had a distinguished career on screen, known for playing Patsy Stone in the sitcom Absolutely Fabulous. Her latest book, A Queen For All Seasons, was published as a tribute to the late Queen Elizabeth II.
Day Trip: Belmond British Pullman to Balfour Winery
Step into a world of decadence on board the Belmond British
Pullman as you glide through the Kent countryside on this beautiful
day trip to the Balfour Winery.
Board the opulent train at London Victorian and take your seat in one of its Art-Deco carriages. As you depart London, enjoy a three-course brunch with a Bellini and watch the landscapes unfold before your eyes, as you travel through Kent's countryside.
On arrival, transfer to Hush Heath Estate, home to the Balfour Winery. Enjoy a welcome glass of fizz, created in the same way as fine French Champagnes, before a guided tour and tutored tasting provides a fascinating insight into winemaking. As you relax in the pretty surrounds, Dame Joanna Lumley will talk about her life and career, also opening the floor to guests' questions.
Return to the train for your journey back to London and settle down with a gourmet four-course dinner, with specially-selected wine from your sommelier as you look back on a memorable day.
"The whole day was incredible! Being pampered on board, the service was excellent, it was everything expected and more."
- Belmond Guest November 2022
Travel in style
Taste English wines
Meet Dame Joanna Lumley
Your expert guide
- Round-trip travel aboard the British Pullman luxury train from London Victoria (estimated departure time 9am, estimated time of return 7.45pm)
- Welcome sparkling Bellini
- Delicious three-course brunch on the outward journey
- Morning tea and coffee
- Sumptuous four-course dinner of a British seasonal table d'hôte menu
- Champagne reception, half a bottle of wine per person, plus coffee, tea and petits fours
- Talk hosted by Joanna Lumley
- Conversation and Q&A with Joanna Lumley and Editor-in-Chief of Good Housekeeping Gaby Huddart
- Welcome glass of fizz on arrival at Balfour Winery
- Tutored wine tasting and guided vineyard tour at Balfour Winery
Day1Journey from London to Kent, and returnTonbridge, United Kingdom
British Pullman, A Belmond Train
There is no finer way to travel than on the luxurious Belmond train.
Honouring George Mortimer Pullman, the father of luxury trains, the splendidly refurbished British Pullman epitomises a glamorous era of travel. Each carriage is individually named and has a fascinating story. Some were favoured by the British Royal Family, and two were part of Winston Churchill's funeral train. Others, like Audrey and Vera, survived bomb damage during air raids over London's Victoria Station in 1940. Today, the opulent carriages are set out in tables, ready to welcome guests as they dine on their journeys through the British countryside.
Brought to you by
For general information, click here.
To view TS Tours’ supplier’s terms and conditions click here.
* From price is per person, based on four sharing a four seat table, subject to availability. To book a table for two there is a surcharge of £20pp, subject to availability, please call to enquire. Price and itinerary correct at time of print but may be subject to change. Full payment required at time of booking. **The vineyards may be wet underfoot, please wear/bring suitable footwear. Travel insurance should be taken out at time of booking. The train is not wheelchair accessible. Images used may not reflect your actual tour experience. This holiday may be sold through other selected brands. Tour is operated by and subject to the booking conditions of TS Travel Ltd.