Adam Henson is possibly the UK's best-known farmer, often presenting Countryfile from his Cotswold Farm Park. Adam took over from his father in 1999 and now welcomes more than 100,000 visitors a year to his farm, which is home to herds of British rare breeds.
Discover the best of the Cotswolds with Adam Henson
This wonderful five-day tour will take in the finest gardens the Cotswolds has to offer, but this will appeal to more than just the green-fingered enthusiasts. Yes, you will take in hortiucultural highlights such as Painswick Rococo Gardens and Batsford Arboretum, but you will also visit Grade-I listed Sudeley Castle and Chedworth Roman Villa, bustling market towns and honey-hued villages.
You will enjoy free time in Chipping Campden, an indulgent afternoon tea at historic Lygon Arms - your base for four nights - as well as a special day the 1600-acre farm of Adam Henson. Here, you will explore and gain more understasnding of the rare breeds that have become such a beloved segement on Countryfile. You will enjoy a exclusive talk from Adam about his conservation work and sustainable farming, as well as the chance to ask your own questions.
Reasons to book
Meet Adam Henson
Beautiful Batsford Arboretum
Afternoon tea in Broadway
Four-star stay in Tewkesbury
Sudeley Castle and Gardens
Your expert guest
- Explore the Cotswolds, taking in honey-stone villages such as Broadway and Chipping Campden
- Meet Adam Henson at his Cotswolds Farm Park, where you'll enjoy a lunch with a private talk, Q&A, and an opportunity to get your copy of his book signed (book not included)
- Visit Batsford Arboretum, home to one of the largest private tree collections in the country
- Explore several of the Cotswolds' glorious gardens, including Painswick Rococo Garden and Sezincote Gardens
- Tuck into a quintessential afternoon tea in Broadway at one of Britain's most historic inns
- Stay four nights at a comfortable and conveniently located four-star hotel with spa
Also included: Four breakfasts, two dinners, and one lunch
Room upgrades and additional nights available on request
Day1Arrive in the CotswoldsCheltenham, United Kingdom
Today you'll arrive at your hotel, Hilton Puckrup, and check in. You'll enjoy welcome drinks in the evening, followed by a talk from your tour manager and dinner at the hotel.
Day2Sezincote House and Batsford ArboretumBatsford Arboretum, United Kingdom
This morning you'll depart for Sezincote House and Gardens, an estate with a wonderfully elegant house inspired by Indian palaces, with both Hindu and Muslim architectural influences to be admired.
Here you'll listen to an insightful introduction to the gardens from the head gardener before beginning your visit**.
In the afternoon you'll depart Sezincote and drive to Moreton in Marsh for free time and lunch (at own expense). After lunch it's time to drive to Batsford Arboretum where you'll have an introduction to the gardens followed by time to explore independently.
Day3Cotswolds Farm ParkCheltenham, United Kingdom
This morning you'll visit Cheltenham and take a guided walking tour of the town. In the afternoon it's time to visit the wonderful Cotswolds Farm Park where you'll enjoy a delicious buffet lunch as Adam Henson answers your questions about farm life during an entertaining Q&A. After lunch you'll have time to explore the Cotswolds Farm Park.
Day4Painswick Rococo GardensPainswick, United Kingdom
This morning you'll head to Painswick Rococo Gardens where you'll enjoy a free flow visit. Afterwards, you'll have some free time to get lunch before heading on to Chedworth Roman Villa, where you'll enjoy a guided tour.
Day5Sudeley Castle and GardensChipping Campden, United Kingdom
This morning you'll visit Sudeley Castle and Gardens, a stunning private castle with royal connections spanning a thousand years.
In the afternoon you'll head to Chipping Campden, one of the Cotswolds' loveliest market towns, where you'll have some free time to explore. Once you've worked up an appetite it's on to the Lygon Arms Hotel where you'll have a delicious and filling afternoon tea.
This lovely four-star hotel in Tewkesbury on the edge of the Cotswolds is set in 140 acres and boasts comfortable rooms, a rejuvenating spa, pool, health club and Championship Golf course. You’ll be in prime position to explore the picturesque countryside and take in Tewkesbury Abbey, which is just 10 minutes from the door.
Brought to you by
For general information, click here.
To view TS Tours as agent for Travel Editions’ supplier’s terms and conditions click here.
* From price is per person, based on two people sharing a room, subject to availability. Price and itinerary correct at time of print but may be subject to change. Single supplement £275. Deposit 20%. ** Only garden available on April date as house closed. Local charges such as tourist tax may apply. In the case of unforeseen circumstances, expert(s) may be substituted, and any expert-led events may be subject to change. Expert(s) will not join you for your full trip duration unless otherwise stated. Travel insurance is not included. This holiday may be sold through other selected brands. Images used may not reflect your actual tour experience. Tour is operated by and subject to the booking conditions of Travel Editions Group Ltd, ABTA V3120 and TS Travel Limited (ATOL bonded).